Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Scriptures

At the end of each seminary year I ask students to write a little something about their favorite scriptures.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katelyn Abbott

Helaman 5:12  And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over  you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

“I need to build my foundation strong.  I don’t want to let Satan be able to beat me down.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meagan Decker

  Mosiah 13:3 Touch me not, for God shall smite you if ye lay your hands upon me, for I have not delivered the message which the Lord sent me to deliver; neither have I told you that which ye requested that I should tell; therefore, God will not suffer that I shall be destroyed at this time.

“Because this scripture is like amazing in helping to give guidance to keeping the standards.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forest Andersen

  Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

“It shows that the word of God can be as powerful as any weapon.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mo Ray

  Jacob 6:12  O be wise; what can I say more?

“What more could you say than to be wise?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stephanie English

  Mosiah 13:3  Touch me not, for God shall smite you if ye lay your hands upon me, for I have not delivered the message which the Lord sent me to deliver; neither have I told you that which ye requested that I should tell; therefore, God will not suffer that I shall be destroyed at this time.

“(1) You can say it any time.  (2) Abinadi told his whole reason for being there.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Desiree Andersen

  2 Nephi 1:15 But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.
  
“This is my favorite scripture because it explains to me how much the Savior truly loves us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  


No comments: