Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fungi I Have Known

Soon after settling in Germany I picked up a trail map at the Bruchmühlbach city offices.  We have explored many of the trails, including a 20 km death march on rainy day over hill and dale.  On this particular walk we found all the poorly marked trails.

But that was then.

Last Monday we took a shorter walk along the B11/12/10 trail along a hill top overlooking Bruchmühlbach-Miesau (I know that it is the B11/12/10 trail because it was segment in the 20 km death march).  It was a gorgeous fall day.  Perfect, actually.  

Miesau - where we live


Along the way we noticed more than a few varieties of mushrooms.  I have no idea what they are, but the pictures turned out pretty good, considering the 1st generation digital camera and my shaky hand.  Bob's is the steadier.





4 comments:

The Grows said...

I love that you posted a blog about your walks and fungi. Your posts are always a good read.

Becky Clinton said...

Aww, thanks, Britteny. I try.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

I agree! I love reading your posts. My father-in-law is notorious in our family for trying mushrooms on the side of the road. When they visited us in Germany, he cut a few types of mushrooms and didn't get sick. The rest of us weren't quite as adventurous, but he still claims we missed out!

hllewis said...

Beautiful....makes me homesick for Germany. Nothing like walking in the woods in Germany. Love the pics!