Friday, May 29, 2009

My other kids...

I teach seminary these are pictures of some of my kids and their favorite scriptures.

From my Kaiserslautern class.....

Katelyn Abbott
1 Peter 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.


“It talks how we are a chosen generation, how he has called us out of the darkness.”













Stephani Ray



John 12:35-36

35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness cone upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.


“I like this scripture because it’s telling us to USE the gospel. Take advantage of it while you have it and love it, share it with your friends. REJOICE in it. Darkness is closing in, make sure you are safe! Walk in the light and know where you’re going."






Katelyn Meldrom


James 1:5-6

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to

all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.


“Because if I am ever not sure about something, this scripture reminds me to just ask (Heavenly Father) God.”












Forest Andersen

Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.


“I like this because it shows the power of the word of God. And I like swords.”




Sarah Meldrom



John 11:41-42

41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou has heard me.

42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou has sent me.


“Thou has heard me—I know you’ve heard me.”







Jansen Jorgensen


Alma 12:14

14 For our words will condemn us, yea, all our works will condemn us; we shall to be found spotless; and our thoughts will also condemn us; and in this awful state we shall not dare to look up to our God; and we would fain be glad if we could command the rocks and the mountains to fall upon us to hide us from his presence.


“It reminds me that if I don’t keep my mouth clean, I will be condemned.”







From my Baumholder class....


Michael Sweet


1 Corinthians 15:2

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead if the dead, rise not at all? Why are they then baptized for the dead?

“I like it because it just jumped out at me. And I always look at it during seminary.”








Christy Williams

Joshua 1:9

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

“Be of good courage.”



1 comment:

Kari said...

How strong these youth are! They are an amazing generation! I miss working with them.